MBBS/BDS Reserved Seats
List of Medical Seats (MBBS / BDS) Reserved for the Candidates of Gilgit Baltistan in different medical colleges of Pakistan.
Name of the Medical College
|Total Number of Seats||74|
|King Edward Medical University Lahore (KEMU)||8|
|Allama Iqbal Medical College Lahore (AIMC)||8|
|Services Institute Medical Sciences Lahore (SIMS)||3|
|Rawalpindi Medical College Rawalpindi (RMC)||9|
|Punjab Medical College Faisalabad (PMC)||2|
|Quaid-e-Azam Medical College Bahawalpure (QMC)||18|
|Bolan Medical College Multan (BMC)||1|
|Khyber Medical University Peshawar (KMU)||1|
|Ayub Medical College Abbottabad (AMC)||6|
|Fatima Jinnah Medical College Lahore (females only) (FJMC)||8|
|Nishter Medical College Multan (NMC)||1|
|Chandka Medical College Larkana (CMC)||2|
|Sheikh Zayyed Medical College Rahimyar Khan (SZMC)||2|
|De-Moantmorancy College Lahore (BDS) (DMC)||3|
|Nishter Medical College Multan (BDS) (NMC)||2|
The students of Gilgit Baltistan are given opportunities to study MBBS/BDS in different public sector medical colleges in all provinces of Pakistan by allocating them reserved seats. Nomination against these reserved seats is done by Department of Education Gilgit Baltistan. Desirous students are supposed to submit their application forms for nomination in Directorate of Education Gilgit Baltistan within 15 days of the announcement of HSSC results. The candidates are informed through newspapers, Radio Pakistan Gilgit and Skardu. On conclusion of entry tests by the provinces, the advertisements are re-broadcasted. The time for submission of application forms is closed during October and November.
Surety bond/undertaking worth Rs.5,00,000/- (Five Lac) shall be obtained from the selected candidates against MBBS/BDS reserved seats for Gilgit Baltistan to the effect that they will serve Northern Areas for 05 years or pay back the expenditure to Government of Pakistan incurred on their education.
PROVINCE/INSTITUTION WISE WEIGHTAGE FOR DETERMINATION OF MBBS/BDS MERIT.
|S.No.||Provincial Center||FSc||Entry Test||SSC|
Determination of Merit
- Determination of merit is worked out as per the weightage formulae of respective province/ Institution, a candidate has passed the Entry Test from.
- 10 marks are deducted in case of improvement in F.Sc or equivalent.
- 10 marks for each year are deducted on gap.
- 20 marks are awarded in case of Hafiz Quran.
Eligibility of Candidates for Medical Seats
- Candidates who have passed F.Sc (pre medical) or equivalent from any recognized Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (65% unadjusted marks for Punjab and 60% unadjusted for KPK) and posses Gilgit Baltistan Domicile and have passed prescribed Entry Test from Punjab and KPK shall be eligible for nomination against reserved quota seats in MBBS/BDS
- Candidates passing Entry Test from Punjab are eligible to apply for MBBS/BDS seats in the Punjab,Sindh, and Baluchistan..
- Candidates passing Entry Test from KPK are eligible to apply for MBBS,/BDS seats in KPK, Sindh and Baluchistan. .
- Candidates passing Entry Test from KPK, Sindh and Baluchistan are not eligible for MBBS/BDS seats in Punjab.
- Candidates who have wasted any reserved seat having been previously nominated will be termed disqualified for one term to apply for re-nomination in accordance with the nomination policy.
Submission of results to nomination Board
After the announcement of entry test results by different provinces the candidates are required to submit the results to the nomination board alongwith the application form mentioning their priority list.
The time for submission of application forms is closed during October and November.