|Deadline:-||December 19, 2012|
|Download Application:-||Application, Institutional Support and Reference Form|
The Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA) for Pakistan will provide Pakistani teachers from government schools with unique opportunities to develop expertise in their subject areas, enhance their teaching skills, and increase their knowledge of the United States. This program is designed to enhance teachers’ expertise in their teaching discipline and equip them with a deeper understanding of best practices in teaching methodologies, lesson planning, and the use of technology in teaching to create among educators a more nuanced understanding of the U.S and to develop productive and lasting relationships and mutual understanding between U.S. and Pakistani teachers and their students. This is also intended to contribute to improving teaching in participating countries by preparing participants to serve as teacher leaders, who upon returning home will apply and share their experience and skills with their peers and students. All participants must return immediately to their home country upon completion of the program. A group of teachers will go to the U.S. for eight weeks of internship in academic settings.
- Government school teachers of grades 8 to 10
- Minimum of five years class room teaching experience in English
- Pakistani citizens and resident in Pakistan
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Plan to continue teaching for at least five years after completion of the program
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree
- Applicants with a dual U.S./Pakistani nationality
- Those who have a parent, spouse, fiancÃ© or child over 18 years of age, who is a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Employees of the Fulbright organization or the U.S. Department of State and their spouse, siblings, fiancÃ©, parents and children
- Alumni of TEA and other USEFP programs
- People who have applied for immigration to another country
Oxford University offers Noon Educational Foundation Oxford Scholarships for Undergraduates Pakistani Students, UK 2012
Study Subject(s):Courses offered by the university
Scholarship Provider: Noon Educational Foundation
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
-Applicants should be Pakistani nationals ordinarily resident in Pakistan.
-Candidates who have previously studied outside of Pakistan will not normally be considered.
-Applicants must be planning to return to Pakistan after completing their studies.
-Awards are made based on the following key criteria: Academic merit Financial need -The potential social contribution made by the applicant on their return to Pakistan.
-Applicants must be applying to start any full-time undergraduate course of study at the University of Oxford.
Scholarship Description: The Noon Educational Foundation was established in 1992 by Lady Viqarunnissa Noon to support scholars from Pakistan to study at leading universities in the United Kingdom. The scholarships at Oxford are funded by the Foundation, the University and a number of generous partners.
Deadline: 15 October 2012
The IKEA Foundation and the Asian University for Women in Bangladesh announced today a programme through which 100 students studying at the Asian University for Women will be sponsored by Ikea Foundation for their entire five-year period of study at the University. Students from nine countries attending AUW have been named to hold these scholarships. The Ikea Scholarships have been awarded to students from Afghanistan (7), Bangladesh (40), Bhutan (3), Cambodia (2), India (15), Nepal (13), Pakistan (2), Sri Lanka (16) and Vietnam (2). The Ikea Foundation has agreed to contribute US$5 million to AUW toward this initiative.
Mr. Per Heggenes: CEO of IKEA Foundation
In announcing this major grant to the Asian University for Women, Mr. Per Heggenes, the CEO of IKEA Foundation said: “Women’s education is no doubt a powerful tool for improving the lives of children in developing countries.” He went on to say that “AUW is making a vital contribution to this area. Having personally visited AUW and met some of the students, faculty and staff, I am excited and optimistic that this partnership will be of enduring value”.
AUW’s Acting Vice Chancellor Mr. Kamal Ahmad gratefully acknowledged Ikea Foundation’s support and noted that the Foundation’s support will be most critical in continuing the University’s commitment to support the education of the most talented women in the region irrespective of their economic backgrounds. He said “AUW is helping create a new network of women leaders whose life experiences and social commitments combined with the excellent education provided at AUW will propel them into vital changemakers in the region. This work would not be possible without the support of Ikea Foundation and others like it.”
About the Asian University for Women
The Asian University for Women (http://www.asian-university.org/) provides both a pre-university preparatory programme as well as a four-year undergraduate programme in the liberal arts and sciences. It is chartered by the Parliament of Bangladesh as an independent international university. Currently in its fourth year of operations, AUW has 450 students from 12 countries across Asia.
About the IKEA Foundation
The IKEA Foundation aims to improve opportunities for children and youth in developing countries by funding holistic, long-term programmes that can create substantial, lasting change. The Foundation works with strong strategic partners applying innovative approaches to achieve large-scale results in four fundamental areas of a child’s life:a place to call home; a healthy start in life; a quality education; and sustainable family income.Currently-funded programmes benefit an estimated 100 million children. Learn more at http://www.ikeafoundation.org/.
Asian University for Women
The Ministry of Science & Education of the Russian Federation has offered 09 state education scholarships to Pakistani students in the academic year 2012-2013 in Russian universities / institutions. Disciplines offered are:
1. Bachelor,specialty and magistracy programs
2. Post graduatestudies (internship, traineeship), Doctorate programs
3. Short-term, traineeship programs
Candidates must submit online admission forms at the website: http://en.russia.edu.ru/ by 15th May 2012. Complete details of admissions process and rules, documents required and how to apply can be found at: http://en.russia.edu.ru/enter/1906
Candidates given admission would be given monthly stipend and lodging facilities. Transportation charges, charges for meetings and transportation to educational institutes (US$350) and medical insurance(US$250) would be borne by the candidates. Candidates must also have at least20 days education visa on the date of arrival in the Russian Federation. Public sector candidates will also require a guarantee from their organization that they would depart Russia at their own expense on completion of educational term, in case of violation of Russian law, absence or illness.
Section Officer (Europe-III)
STRoNG TiES scholarships are for students and staff members from all South and Southeast Asian
countries* wanting to go to an EU Partner University.
*All applicants must be nationals of: Afghanistan or Bangladesh or Bhutan or Indonesia or Malaysia or Nepal or Thailand or Pakistan or India.
The first call will be open on 5th December 2011 to applicants at the Staff and Doctoral level
Scholarships for Staff level mobilities will include:
- €2500 / month for a duration of 1-3 months
- travel costs
- insurance coverage
Scholarships for Doctoral level mobilities will include:
- €1500 / month for a duration of 6-30 months
- travel costs
- insurance coverage
The first call will close on 21 January 2012. Late submissions will not be accepted.
The second call will be open in mid-November 2012 to applicants at the Undergraduate, Masters, and Post-Doctorate level. Please check back at that time for further information.
For details visit : http://www.strongties.eu/index.asp?p=1397&a=1397
The Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships under a special scholarship award scheme, commencing in 2012-13 academic session. Under this program following courses are being offered in various universities of Brunei Drassalam:
- Bachelor Degree (Honors)
- Master Degree
- PhD Degree
- HND (Higher National Diploma)
The aim of the scholarship award is to provide students quality education and develop cultural exchange, with the opportunity to stay at Universiti Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali [UNISSA]and Institute of Teknologi Brunei [ITB].
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: -
Applicant must be citizens of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth member countries.
Following points are mentioned, for the purpose to serve as a Glance for the applicants, regarding documents to be attached. For Complete and detailed information applicants are required to visit the linkhttp://www.mofat.gov.bn/scholarship/ and properly go through the requirements of Degree Program andUniversity requirements:
These documents are required by Brunei Darussalam authorities, therefore make sure that any of the documents mentioned above or mentioned at Brunei Darussalam’s Scholarship scheme website(http://www.mofat.gov.bn/scholarship/) is not missing.
WHERE AND HOW TO SEND APPLICATIONS
- Applicants are required to send Three sets of Brunei Application Form, which can be downloaded from(http://www.mofat.gov.bn/scholarship/ )
- Only One Set of HEC Application Form is to be sent with application package (Click here to download)
- Fill the Application forms very neatly, using the capital letters in Black or Blue ink only, if possible with the help of Computer.
- Applications should be sent in Spiral Binding only. The Applications which are not in Spiral Binding will not be accepted.
- Each Application set should be separate. All three application sets should not be binded / attached together.
- Deposit an amount of Rs.300 in favour of HEC and attach the copy of slip with HEC Form only. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401 is being maintained for the purpose. No payment will be accepted through cross cheque etc except online deposit or Online transfer.
- Attach portion of payment receipt (in Original) with HEC Form only.
- Kindly note that HEC is the authorized agency who would send nomination from Pakistan, hence you should not send application directly to Brunei. Last Date for receipt of application in HEC is on or before 24December, 2011. Late received applications will NOT be entertained.
- Send completely filled application form, with no documents missing, to the address given below:
Asif Kaleem Malik
Project Manager (FFSP/Brunei)
HRD Division, Higher Education Commission
Sector H-9, ISLAMABAD
Nitori International Scholarship Foundation (NISF) Scholarship 2012
Nitori International Scholarship was established in march with a monetary donation from akiko NITORI the director of the foundation. The aims of establishment are to help international students from the Asian countries to grant them scholarship to study in Japan, so that they can fulfill their dreams through studies at Japanese Universities and can set up mutual friendship between Asian countries, and to cultivate the human resources.
Deadline: 25 Dec 2011
- A student from the world over with non-Japanese nationality who is self-supporting and residing in Japan.
- A student currently is enrolled in a Japanese university as an undergraduate or a graduate student, and an undergraduate student is up to age 26 on April 1, 2012 and a graduate student is up to age 28 on April 1, 2012.
- A student who needs financial aid to keep studying in Japan and does not receive any sort of other scholarship .
- A student who is of good enough health to pursuit studies in Japan, of excellent academic record, of good personality
- A student who has good communication skill in Japanese.
- A student who has the strong will to contribute international understanding and mutual friendship
- A student who is able to attend Scholarship Students Activities held by NISF (scheduled to be held twice a year).
- A student who does not receive any sort of scholarship or subsidy for researcher from the other third parties while receiving the scholarship from NISF (Please note that the student who simultaneously possesses scholarships is disqualified for the NISF scholarship recipient.)
- A student who works part-time job in Japan for his/her financial reason to keep studying in Japanese university
- A student who willing to participate NISF alumni activities as alumnus, even if his/her NISF scholarship is expired.