Home » Jobs
Category Archives: Jobs
Applications are invited for the following post on contract basis for Karakoram International University Gilgit Campus from eligible candidates:
|S#||Department||Position||Subjects||No. of positions||Duration||Salary|
|01||Earth Sciences & Engineering||Teaching Associate||Hard Rocks Economic Geology||01||One semester||Rs: 50,000/month fixed|
Eligibility and Conditions:
- Minimum qualification should be M.Phil. in Geology(hard Rocks and Economic Geology).
- Complete Application along with attested copies of educational degrees, publications, experience certificates, CNIC with all other relevant documents should be submitted to HR Office, Karakoram International University Gilgit.
- Last date of submission of applications is March 3, 2015.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be called for interview.
- TADA is not admissible.
Applications are invited for the following positions at the newly opened Department of Mining Engineering, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, Karakoram International University (Gilgit Campus).
1. Professor (1 Position) (BPS-21/TTS)
2. Associate Professor (1 Position) (BPS-20/TTS)
3. Assistant Professors (2 Positions) (BPS-19/TTS)
- As per Higher Education Commission (www.hec.gov.pk).
- For position serial number (3), Minimum qualification required is MS (18 years education). Applicants with BS/BE (16 years education are not eligible.
- Registration with Pakistan Engineering Council is required.
- PhD degree holder will not be considered for Assistant Professor under BPS.
- All rules in true letter & spirit of TTS version 2 & BPS are applicable.
- Candidates applying for the above posts are required to submit cross postal order/bank draft of Rs: 1000/- in favor of Treasurer Karakoram International University Gilgit.
- Complete application along with attested copies of educational degrees, publications, experience certificates, equivalence certificate (in case of foreign degree), CNIC with all other relevant documents should be submitted to Manager HR Office, Karakoram International University Gilgit. Application Form may be downloaded from KIU website .
- Candidates already in service should apply through proper channel; incomplete and late applications shall not be entertained.
- Age is relaxable as per government rules.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be called for interview.
- Last date of submission of applications is March 2, 2015.
Raising Peoples’ Voice for Power Sector Reforms in GB is a one year project to be implemented by Sustainable Solutions Private Limited (SSPL) under Citizen’s Voice Project funded by USAID. With an overall aim to strengthening citizens’/community voices in energy sector reforms in GB, the project seeks to institutionalize citizens’ voices towards improved governance of energy sector and policy environment for equitable and sustainable development focusing on Gilgit, Ghizer and Skardu districts in Gilgit-Baltistan (GB). The Project will focus on strengthening citizens’ voice & participation in Energy Policy by establishing public forums through mobilization of local civil society organizations (CSOs) and citizens for energy conservation and development.
Sustainable Solutions Private Limited (www.sspl.org.pk invites applications from qualified professionals for the following positions to implement the project in GB:
1. Project Manager (PM)
The overall purpose of this position is to provide leadership to the field team with the responsibility for day to day management of the operations including programmatic, financial and human resource management in the field. H/she will be responsible for the delivery of project results including planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project activities. PM will work closely with the relevant government departments and NGOs working in the energy sector in GB for mobilizing their support to ensure broader participation of the key stakeholder.
• A Master degree in social sciences and minimum of 8 years experience in managing development projects with national or international NGOs.
• A good understanding of development issues and context of GB with experience in working on policy dialogue, advocacy and governance.
• A team player in bringing together various stakeholders including CSOs for collective action on improving governance and influencing public policies in energy sector.
• Good coordination and facilitation skills
• Excellent communication skills in oral and written English with ability to write donor progress reports.
2. Project Coordinator
The Project Coordinator will be responsible to coordinate with the relevant Government agencies and CSOs for the project implementation in the three project districts of GB. This would entail close interaction with the relevant Government departments, NGOs and CSOs in Gilgit, Ghizer and Skardu districts for mobilization of their support in planning implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities. The Project Coordinator will spend significant amount of time in travelling in the three districts for holding dialogues and meetings with the key stakeholders and facilitating seminars as part of his/her responsibilities.
• A Master degree in social or environmental sciences or B.Sc.Engineering with a minimum experience of 5 years working with national NGOs in implementation of social sector/environmental conservation projects .
• A good understanding of development issues with a particular focus on social/community mobilization, energy/environmental issues in collaboration with government agencies.
• Social mobilization of CSOs, community and citizens for collective action on social sector projects for improved governance and delivery of services.
• Good coordination and meeting/seminar facilitation skills.
• Good communication skills with an ability to communicate in one or more local languages.
3. Finance and Admin Officer (F&AO)
The Finance/Admin Officer will be responsible to deal with finance and admin related matters including preparation of budget, financial reports and procurement. H/she will also be responsible for the management of Gilgit Project Office and provide logistical support to the project staff for their field visits, arrange seminars and conferences. FA Officer will ensure compliance of donor policies for procurement and financial management besides providing monthly financial report to the head office.
• Graduate in commerce/MBA finance with a minimum experience of 4 years working with national NGOs.
• Previous experience in administration and management of office will be given preference.
• Demonstrated skills in preparation of financial reports
Send your CVs at
House# 343, Sector G-8/2, Ravi Road Islamabad
Position vacant – Research Associate Department of Biological Sciences
Posted: Monday 9 January 2012
Last date for application: Friday 20 January 2012
Applications are invited for the post of Research Associate under the Research Project P-FCC/Bio(434) related to diabetes research sponsored by the Pakistan Science Foundation.
Minimum qualification is MSc/BSc (Hons) in Biological Sciences or equivalent (eg MBBS/MLT). The candidate should:
- have at least two first divisions (one in MSc/BSc (Hons)) and no third division in the academic career.
- be highly motivated and possess strong communication and team-working skills.
- preferably have previous laboratory experience in biomedical sciences and molecular biology.
The selected candidate will be paid Rs 10,000 p.m. fixed. However if s/he is enrolled in an MPhil or PhD program, s/he will be paid Rs 12,000 p.m. or Rs 15,000 p.m. fixed, respectively, but will be required to sign a bond for the duration of the project.
The application should be written on plain paper and accompanied with a brief CV, photocopies of degrees, copy of CNIC, passport size photograph and any other relevant documents. Please include your CNIC number, phone, email and current mailing address in the application. The application with enclosures should be mailed or personally delivered on or before Friday 13 January 2012 to:
Prof Dr M Arslan, PI (PSF Proj)
Department of Biological Sciences
Armacost Science Building
Forman Christian College (A Chartered University)
Ferozepur Road, Lahore 54600
For further information
email email@example.com or
phone 042-99231581-8 Ext 526 or 042-38707164
REFERENCE KIU RECRUITMENT ADVERTISEMENT DATED 4TH JULY 2011.
KIU is the first public sector International University of Pakistan situated in Gilgit-Baltistan. University’s mandate is to promote quality education, training and research in the region with international visibility.
Contractual Positions are available in Karakoram International University against leave vacancies. These vacancies are purely temporary in nature and prospective appointee/s will have to relinquish the post upon return of the faculty member from study leave.
Any attempt to influence the process of selection through third party interference will render the concerned application disqualified for consideration. This should be considered as a legally binding notice.
It must be noted that eligibility mentioned against this position is the minimum requirement. Candidates with higher qualifications and better experience than stated will be preferred.
(KIU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION AND FEMALES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY)
|Positions||Department/Subject, Duration ( No Of Positions)||Major/Specialty||Age|
|Lecturers||Economics 24 months,(1) 10 months, (1)||Econometrics and Developmental Economics||33|
|Modern Languages 6 months,(1)||English Literature or Linguists|
|Earth Sciences 18 months,(1)||Geology|
|Management Sciences 24 months,(1), 6 months(1)||MBA (Marketing, Finance and HR)|
|Physics 19 months,(2)||Physics|
|Food Processing 7 months,(1)||Bio Technology, Microbiology or Plant Pathology|
|Statistics 19 months,(1)||Statistics|
|Communication Sciences 6 months(1)||Mass Communication/Media Studies|
|Chemistry 19 months,(1)||Preferably analytical Chemistry|
|Computer Sciences 24 months,(1)||Computer Science|
|Biological Sciences 24 months(1) 19 months(1)||Botany and Zoology|
|Assistant Professors||Modern Languages 24 months,(1)||English Literature or Linguists||40|
|Earth Sciences 24 months,(1)||Geology|
|Computer Sciences 24 months,(1)||Computer Science|
- Interested candidates can download prescribed Job Application Form from KIU website
- Completed Job Application Form can be submitted at office of Manager Human Resource, Karakoram International University, Gilgit- Baltistan, by 6th January 2012
- The documents include NIC, attested degrees/Certificates/Transcripts, domicile certificate and two passport size pictures.
- Only eligible candidates will be invited for Test/Interview. Applicants working in government, semi-government, autonomous bodies should apply through proper channel. Advance copies, CVs and applications via email will not be entertained.
- The University reserves the right to postpone or cancel appointment against any advertised post without assigning any reason.
- Relaxation in age will be granted as per government rules.
- Incomplete & late applications will not be entertained.
- Applications for all posts should be supported with crossed postal order amounting to Rs. 400/- in the name of Registrar, Karakoram International University Gilgit Baltistan.
- No TA/DA will be paid for test/interview.
- No waiting lists are maintained and entire record is closed after an appointment has been made.
- All interested candidates are urged to read through that before applying.
- Applicants who have already applied for faculty vacancies in July 2011 need not to apply again.Note: All candidates applying for above mentioned positions must consult HEC’s website (www.hec.gov.pk) to find out about minimum eligibility criteria for all positions.
Manager Human Resources
Phone: 05811-960011/12 (Ext: 106)
The applicant must have MS or higher qualification preferably from abroad in Computer Science with specialization in Data Mining, Business Intelligence, Software Engineering or Distributed Computing.