Community Mobilizer required for IED’s Professional Development Centre, Gilgit
|Aga Khan University – Institute for Educational Development (AKU-IED) was established in July 1993 with the overall objective of becoming a leader in educational reform and improvement, especially in developing countries. The aim of the Institute is to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of schools and other educational institutions in the country through innovation, policy development, practice, training and research.
Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Community Mobilizer under the Educational Development Improvement Project based in Gilgit-Baltistan.
|The incumbent will:
- develop annual work and action plan for effective implementation of project activities
- develop and implement community mobilization activities (centre-based and field-based) for school management committees, mother support groups, parents and communities as outlined in the overall project work plan
- identify stakeholders from different project schools for trainings, and conduct training needs assessment and research activities
- supervise and monitor community mobilization activities and recommend further process improvements to maintain quality
- liaise with government and non-government organizations in order to benefit from their experiences in the area of community mobilization in the context of education
- manage and keep record of reference materials used for projects and assignments undertaken
- participate in meetings and sessions with stakeholders in the schools as assigned by the supervisor
- prepare and present periodic reports.
|Applicants should have:
- a Masters in Sociology or Social Anthropology
- at least two years of community mobilization experience
- excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) in English and Urdu; ability to understand regional languages will be an added advantage
- capability to manage multiple tasks under pressure while meeting stringent deadlines
- ability to work well in teams
- willingness to travel domestically for project related assignments.
|Interested candidates should send their detailed CVs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by September 25, 2013.